Pestrol Bird Spikes
HOW TO GET RID OF BIRDS
Pestrol Polycarbonate Bird Spikes are an effective range of precision-engineered bird spikes designed to provide effective relief and humanly control problems caused by urban birds. The upward pointing spikes act as a barrier to the birds not allowing them to land but will not hurt them. The design provides the solution to anysituation where bird spikes are suitable.
For example, Pestrol Bird Spikes can be used to protect buildings against all forms of birds in a wide variety of situations. From day time perching to night time roosting and from the narrowest of lines to the widest of ledges.
Stainless steel spikes have the longest life expectancy. As well as this birds can not push or bend them out of the way. UV-protected polycarbonate bases offer safeguard against cracking or breaking through prolonged exposure to harsh sunlight.
Pestrol Bird Spikes are far less of an eyesore than plastic ones because they do not reflect sunlight and attract a lot less dust and dirt. Pestrol Bird Spikes will remain tidy and unobtrusive over an extended period of time.
- Pestrol Bird Spikes prevent almost all types of birds from perching and landing on your property.
- Great for just about any application.
- Long-lasting polycarbonate provides maintenance-free protection for years.
- Easy to Install – Attach quickly with either adhesive, nails, screws, cable ties, etc.
- Transparent – Makes them practically invisible.
- Flexible – Mounts to almost any surface, whether it be flat, curved or irregular surfaces.
- Environmentally Friendly.
- Economical – Years of use.
Material: Polycarbonate base and 304 stainless steel wire
$11 per metre.
Wire Diameter of Spike: 1.3mm
Length of spike: 11cm
Spike Quantity Per Strip: 40 spikes
Protection Width: 6cm ~ 13cm
Base Size: 50cm(L) x 6cm(W) x 11cm(H)
Bird Species – Pigeons, gulls, starlings
Bird Activity – Day-time perching, night-time roosting and some nesting areas.
Infestation – From light to heavily infested areas.
Substrate – Masonry, Steelwork (stainless and galvanised), lead, PVC, PPC, ceramic tiles, glass
Installation – Using a suitable adhesive or clip is critical to increasing life expectancy. Follow ‘How to Install’ Guidelines to achieve longest possible lifetime
Visibility (wires) – Stainless steel are far less visible than plastic spikes
Visibility (base) – Low profile base (5mm high) will not be seen from the ground level looking upwards
Base Colour – Slightly cloudy clear base blends well with most surfaces irrespective of the surface colour
Speed of Install -Pestrol Bird Spikes are quicker to install than other bird deterrent systems
- Ensure all areas are clean, dry and free from bird droppings. Remember to look up since the source of the mess might be from ledges or pipes higher up on the building and it is necessary for you to install the Pestrol Bird Spikes as well to prevent the droppings, twigs etc. fall down onto the pigeon spikes.
- Install the Pestrol Bird Spikes with screws or apply pigeon spike fixing silicone such as AVISIL Bird Spike Adhesive (10mm) on the base of the spike.
- Stick the first row of Pestrol Bird Spikes towards the front of the ledge and then press down firmly. For very wide ledges 3 or more rows of pigeon spikes may be required but it is important to leave no more than 2 inches (5cm) between rows.
- Pestrol Bird Spikes can be easily snapped using your fingers. Snap spikes into pieces to finish off rows for small areas.
- If there is a hole in the eaves or a cavity in the exterior wall behind the Pestrol Bird Spikes, please block the access to this hole or space with wire mesh or expanding foam. Prior to blocking the hole, make ensure that pigeons have not been trapped in the recess or any pigeon squabs or dependent birds found.
- Pigeons will overcome any Pestrol Bird Spikes on lower parts by standing on the raised section, therefore, please make sure that the base of the Pestrol Bird Spikes are fixed directly onto the top of any parts of the ledge that may be raised slightly higher than the rest of the ledge.
- Warn window cleaners, contractors on ladders, scaffolders, painters etc. to be careful whilst working since a slightly damaged Pestrol Bird Spike is likely to provide an ideal roosting or nesting spot for a pigeon. If any damage is generated, the Easy Pest Bird Spikes should be replaced to prevent the pigeons moving back in.
Using AVISIL Adhesive
- AVISIL Adhesive is recommended for use where the surface is dry.
- AVIFIX “High Tack” adhesive can be used where the surface is damp.
- Pestrol Bird Spikes have a unique Glue Guide on the underside of the base to allow quick and easy application of AVISIL Adhesive.
- To open AVISIL Adhesive, use the Adhesive Cutter Tool. Cut the cap of the tube by rotating the tool around the cap of the tube.
- Cut the nozzle along the second of the three guide lines (10mm from tip)
- Apply a 5mm band of AVISIL Adhesive in the Glue Guide of the Pestrol Bird Spike
- Press the Pestrol Bird Spike strip firmly into place
Attaching – Pipes
- Pestrol Bird Spikes can be attached to a pipe using AVISIL Adhesive, rail clamps and cable ties
Attaching – Curved Surface
- On a curved surface, such as signs, snap the Pestrol Bird Spike strip into sections before gluing with AVISIL Adhesive
Attaching – TV Aerial
- Pestrol Bird Spikes can be attached to an aerial using cable ties. AVISIL Adhesive may also be used
Commercial customers who need large quantities, please call Pestrol on 1800 33 88 88 or e-mail us at email@example.com for quotation on bigger orders.