PESTROL MULTI CATCH MOUSE / RAT TRAP
295mm x 130mm x 150mm
Suitable for Large Mice and Rats.
This LARGE PESTROL Multi-Catch Trap is ideal for the live trapping of multiple mice/rats at one time. The LARGE PESTROL Multi-Catch Trap can capture upto 20 mice at one time. The LARGE Multi-Catch Rodent Trap can be reused multiple times.
The LARGE PESTROL Multi-CatchTrap is made from a strong galvanised mesh and has a metal base plate. The design allows it to be used in the small and tight trapping areas.
Can be used in both indoor and outdoor environments. Easy to use, bait, set and release Mice and Rats.
- 295mm x 130mm x 150mm
- Strong galvanised mesh
- Metal base plate
- Easy to bait, set and release
- Top entry point
- Easy to clean after use
- Child & pet safe – no springs or poison
- One way entry is totally safe around children & pets
- Clear view for easy inspection of catch
HOW TO TRAP A RODENT
- Make sure you correctly identify the type of rodent prior to setting the trap. Different species of rats & mice have differing habits. Determining the type of rodent can usually be worked out from the damage they are causing, sounds, odour and droppings. Droppings of about 18mm in length indicate the Norway Rat, 12mm for the Roof Rat and 3-4mm for the house mouse.
- The following signs should always be investigated to confirm rat and mouse presence prior to use of LARGE Multi Catch Mouse Trap:
- Runways, showing greasy patches on furniture and walls from the mouse fur
- Urine stains on surfaces of floors and cupboards
- Disappearance and / or nibbling of food
- Noise, often at night, which includes squeaking and fighting
- Nests behind furniture or cupboards made of paper and rags, sometimes snail shells.
- Select the trap which is most suitable for the problem. eg SMALL Pestrol Multi Catch trap for Mice and LARGE Pestrol Multi Catch Mouse Trap for Rats.
- Place LARGE Pestrol Multi Catch Mouse Trap on or very near runways, but not near food or places accessible to children or pets. LARGE Pestrol Multi Catch Trap should never be set in hazardous locations (eg. above foods or food preparation surfaces), to avoid contamination by urine, droppings or blood.
- Bait the LARGE Multi Catch Mouse Trap using an attractant such as raw meat, watermelon, chocolate, peanut butter, apple. The most attractive bait may depend on the particular eating habits of the mice or rats in each particular situation. You may have to experiment in the beginning with a variety of different baits to find out which is most suitable.
- Make sure the LARGE PestrolMulti Catch Mouse Traps are checked daily.
- Wear gloves when handling dead mice and / or used LARGE Pestrol Multi Catch Mouse Trap. Dispose of dead mouse in rubbish.
- Carefully wash used and contaminated LARGE Pestrol Multi Catch Mouse Trap.
BENEFITS OF TRAPPING
The use of LARGE PESTROL Multi Catch Mouse Traps are preferred over the use of chemical control methods, such as poisons, for a variety of reasons including:
- For mouse control in premises where inaccessible dead mice cannot be tolerated
- For mouse control in premises where chemical pesticides are not tolerated
- For cleaning up remaining ‘bait shy’ mice after a baiting program
- Trapped mice can be easily disposed of once trapped
- No risk of non-target animals such as cats, dogs, possums eating rodent poisons
- No risk of mice dying and decomposing in inaccessible locations
- LARGE Pestrol Multi Catch Mouse Traps are simple to bait and set in one motion
- LARGE Pestrol Multi Catch Mouse Traps are compact and so can be set in tight places such as in cupboards, behind appliances, under pallets, etc
- LARGE Pestrol Multi Catch Mouse Traps are versatile as they can be used alone or placed inside tamper-resistant bait stations for discreet trapping